More than 100 people fell ill after eating Khichdi in Udaipur; admitted to hospital

In Udaipur, Rajasthan, there was a food poisoning incident on Sunday that left nearly 100 individuals sick, according to officials.

Following a primary examination of the patients, Block Chief Medical Officer Dr. Saket Jain stated that it appeared to be a case of food poisoning.

According to the report, several people who had eaten at a community gathering were unwell and developed symptoms of food poisoning. They were taken to a local hospital and are currently receiving treatment.

There were about 1,500 individuals gathered for a special “Sama” event on Sunday for those keeping the Ekadashi fast, according to officials.

The Khichdi dish was made as an offering for the community gathering, according to officials. However, after consuming it, some of the attendees suffered from nausea and vomiting.

The sick people were brought to the hospital by family members. When the number of patients increased quickly by evening, the district medical department was informed.

The cause of the food poisoning has yet to be revealed, and an investigation is underway, officials stated.